Ticket #243 (closed enhancement: fixed)

Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

heli_ewII has limited sample rate hard coded to 200Hz

Reported by: paulf Owned by: tim
Priority: major Milestone: All Platforms
Component: heli_ewII Version: 7.7
Keywords: Cc:

Description

This should be made configurable in the .d file and default to 500 Hz.

Mitch found this:

It turns out that there's this line in heli_ewII.h
#define MAXSAMPRATE      200  /* Maximum # of samples/sec.                */

I changed it to 500 and it doesn't appear to have broken anything yet.

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734


On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Stefan Lisowski wrote:

> Curious what the same data looks like when viewed with Swarm. Is the data missing there too?
>
> On 12/20/2012 1:33 PM, mwithers@memphis.edu wrote:
>>
>> I have earthworm 7.3 running on sparc/solaris 5.9 to run heli_ewII (config
>> attached) and most channels it works without problems. I have three
>> channels
>> sampled at 250 sps and every fifth minute is blank (image attached). I used
>> sniffwave and get the correct sample rate and the nsamp corresponds
>> correctly
>> with the start and end times (out put below). Incoming data is reasonably
>> up to date (within 10 second or so). Is it possible that there's something
>> in heli_ewII that is mistakenly getting the number of samples for 5 minutes
>> of 200 sps data, and then plotting them correctly at 250 sps--which would
>> result in 1 minute of missing data every 5 minutes? Has anyone successully
>> plotted 250sps data before with heli_ewII?
>>
>> $ sniffwave SCNL_RING LA10 EHZ GS 11 n
>> Sniffing SCNL_RING for LA10.EHZ.GS.11
>> LA10.EHZ.GS.11 (0x32 0x30) 90 s4 320 250.0 2012/12/20 18:12:31.22
>> (1356027151.2160) 2012/12/20 18:12:32.49 (1356027152.4920) 0x00 0x00 i13
>> m15 t19 len1344 [D:45.0s F: 0.0s]
>> LA10.EHZ.GS.11 (0x32 0x30) 90 s4 320 250.0 2012/12/20 18:12:32.50
>> (1356027152.4960) 2012/12/20 18:12:33.77 (1356027153.7720) 0x00 0x00 i13
>> m15 t19 len1344 [D:43.8s F: 0.0s]
>>
>>
>> Mitch

Change History

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by tim

  • Owner changed from somebody to tim
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by tim

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

This is complete and working as expected.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.